Friday, January 10, 2014

Phuket day 2

Phuket day 2

Today was much cooler somewhere around 85 degrees I would guess. Again we spent the day at the beach while Drea, Sal and Matt went to a butterfly and insect museum.  Cindy and I were able to have a very nice conversation with a local guy selling hand made tapestries.  He pretty much confirmed what we have been witnessing since we got here, the Europeans are rude assholes. The Thais especially dislike the Russians and they like the Americans. From their perspective the Americans are happy and smiling and the Europeans are grumpy and mean.

While we were swimming we noticed we kept feeling these little stings. We wouldn't see nor feel anything touch us but definitely would feel a sudden sting. I spoke to a local and he said there are very little jelly fish with very long tentacles and that is what was getting us. In the afternoon as I was getting out of the ocean I saw a huge jelly fish in the shallow area. I kept clear but was able to stay near and watch it. It was probably 10" in diameter.

After day 2 at the beach we went back to the swim up bar for happy hour then out for another oil massage (oh my they are glorious).

Matt the girls and I then went out for Indian food then to a lady boy show. It was quite a production, singing, dance and comedy. One song included a lady boy dressed half as a man and half as a woman. It was pretty cool.  It's a I g how georgous these "ladies" are but real freaky when they speak with a man's voice.

We then took one of the crazy lit up tuk tuks back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment